Saturday, November 8, 2008

The days are getting shorter......

ick! I hate that it starts getting dark so early now! We've been blessed with mild temps and sunny skies for the first two months of fall, and now the fog seems to have settled in, we're getting rain, and even a tad bit of snow up here last week.


Jacob has become an avid meteorologist.....the other day he says to me:

Jacob: "Mom, put the news on"

Me: "Why?"

Jacob: " I want to hear if it's going to snow tomorrow."

Me: "ok"

Jacob: " I heard snow!"

Me: "That doesn't necessarily mean it WILL snow tomorrow"

Jacob: "What percent did they say?"

Me: " 60%"

Jacob: Well, that means it WILL snow!"

What a funny little guy he is! Of course it didn't snow, and that concerned him because he'd heard it on the radio and what they say goes! lol

Today was a relatively quiet day......Nicholas had a hockey game this morning, Michael this afternoon, and Christopher is at his game now.

Jacob has one tomorrow morning @ 6:30 a.m. Uughhh! Looks like I'll be taking him since Andy got up to take Nicholas this morning.

The boys have 5 days off school! They had a half day on Friday, no school Monday or Tuesday. Gee, I should have been better organized and we could have gone somewhere this week!

I have a rotten sinus cold. I feel ok, just get the chills on and off, and am taking Advil Cold and Sinus which is helping with the sinus pain.

Nicholas has a croupy cough today(Great), and now a stuffy nose.

Jacob came into our room last night sniffling.

Ok, this has been bugging me for awhile........so minor hockey instituted this ridiculous policy that all rep teams have to wear dress pants, dress shirts, ties, dress shoes to every game. Let me first tell you that the novelty of this wears off pretty darn quickly! Today Michael came home WITHOUT his dress pants! Someone on his team must have put them on mistakenly. It's too much to ask 11 yr. old boys to get dressed up, go to the rink, get out of dress clothes, change into track suit, go to warm up, get out of track suit, put on hockey gear, play the game.....get out of hockey gear, get dressed into dress clothes again for the ride home! C'mon what was the minor hockey executive thinking when they instituted this policy? Morons! I can't tell you how many boys have misplaced their dress pants already this season and it's only November! Hopefully someone e-mails me that they have his pants.

I must get organized with the Christmas decorations.....it'll be here before I know it! I have to find an artificial tree for our living room. The live tree we had last year was a disaster, and our old artificial one is just too short.

Andy's off this weekend, and then has Tuesday off for Remembrance Day.

He surprised me the other night with flowers and had his parents come over to look after the boys so we could see a movie. Trouble is that movies don't run at 7 and 9 pm anymore, they start at 6:45, 6:55 , 9:45, and 10:05 pm. There was no way I wanted to wait till 10 pm to see a movie,I'd have fallen asleep in my seat....heck I can do that for free at home! So, we went to a furniture store, Future Shop, and then to have an appetizer and a cocktail. It was fun to be out.

The boys are watching Polar Express...they've hauled out all their Christmas movies already! Fa la la la la la la la la!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm thinking Christmas already too. Our weather sounds similar - the nice stuff (I'm afraid) has left the building LOL. Tell Jacob he'll make a great meteorologist - they are usually wrong most of the time so the only skills he'll really need is a good educated guess!

Have fun shopping for a new tree - how tall is your ceiling?