Seriously, it's FEBRUARY already???? Oh my!
The boys have all had colds lately, with Nicholas and Michael needing antibiotics for their throats. Both are better now. Then Jacob and Christopher came down with a tummy bug...and not to leave mom out of the picture, I came down with it on Monday evening. We all had stomach cramps and were running for the bathroom, but no vomiting thank goodness.
Andy's finally decided to start taking Fridays off again, and I'm so glad as he's been a really grouchy guy lately. He needs a day off where he can run errands and get stuff done, or just exercise so that he feels better and not so tired.
Yesterday Michael's class went cross country skiing. It was a beautiful day, and we had fun. It is however HARD work getting up those hills, and I was hoping that around the next bend we'd come across a nice little Starbucks and perhaps a bench to sit and enjoy my latte on,but no such luck!
We're into playoff season for Michael's hockey team. Unfortunately the series is tied with Merritt atm, and we HAVE to win this Saturday or we're hanging up the hockey skates till next season. Seems that his season went by so quickly, but in fact he's been playing since September. Really great group of parents, so it will be kind of sad to have to say goodbye to everyone. Think positive though,these are the come back kids and haven't lost a game all season.....the tied so many games though!
The other boys still have hockey till March.
We're all looking forward to our trip to Disneyland! Wish we were there now so we could get away from all this snow!
Oh,this morning at 6:55am I was woken up by this really loud screaming that seemed to be coming from outside....but then I thought it was one of the boys dreaming so I went upstairs. Christopher was at his window and he says"mom come here, did you hear that screaming?" I looked out the window expecting to see some animal dying in my backyard, and there it was............ A WOLF up in the hill behind our house! OH MY! Apparently he was howling at his friend and then he/she showed up and they sauntered off into the hills! It wasn't a coyote because the tail wasn't bushy like one that a coyote has, and it was BIG and blackish grey. I wish I had my camera. Anyway, it freaked me out that's for sure!
A little funny from Jacob yesterday:
"Dad, look at my muscles they're getting bigger" (as he makes a muscle flex in his bicep while holding his breath and grunting to make the 'muscle' pop out)
Andy: "wow Jacob it is getting bigger"
Jacob: " Ya, and look I have a six pack"(as he lays down on the kitchen floor kind of doing a crunch all while grunting and holding his breath again). " See Dad, do you see it, it's a six pack, count them!"
Oh my! Then Michael and Nicholas had to lie down and see if they too had a 'six pack'
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment