June 19th I had surgery(hysteroscopy). The lead up is always the worst, and I had made myself sick in the past worrying about stuff. This time was different though as I had so many people thinking about and praying for me. I will admit that I was a bit nervous, the unknown frightens me, but it all went well. Whatever they gave me for sedation worked really well, cause I was in recovery until after 4 p.m. Andy took the afternoon off to take me to and from my surgery.
I was pretty groggy for a good 24 hrs. afterwards and had some bleeding, but not as bad as I'd expected.
The next few days I took it easy, but was getting bored of watching TV, so I decided to go outside and pull some weeds in the backyard. Andy told me to go lie down, but you know me, I don't take orders well (lol). I paid for it though as the bleeding got worse and that was accompanied by cramping.
The nurse told me that my cycles probably wouldn't return to normal for 6 weeks(right on!) I was looking forward to missing a cycle....but alas my body runs like a Swiss watch and my cycle arrived right on the date it was supposed to! Shockingly though it was THE lightest cycle I've ever had! Makes me wonder why I didn't opt for this surgery sooner!
Michael and I are quite the pair though. He's still pretty tired and will nap during the day. We both had a nap this afternoon...I don't know who looked after who more today!
Looking forward to summer holidays!
Maria
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment