I LOVE the hot summer type weather we've had so far. The boys have been in the pool a lot since we opened it at the end of April.
I took on the task of putting together the photo show for the Gr. 7 farewell....oh my gosh! What a logistical nightmare that turned out to be. Of course I should have left it alone, and not volunteered, but no one else stepped up to do it, and I know how much the gr. 7's appreciate this, soooooooooooo I jumped in with both feet. It probably wouldn't have been such a big ordeal if my computer photoshow program would have let me use some up to date music, instead of the canned garbage that they offer. So then I had to try using powerpoint which I'm not familiar with, and oh the stress I put myself under was something that I don't want to repeat anytime soon. Also, if the deadline for photo submission is May, then why on earth am I still without photos for some kids in the middle of June????
So, I plugged away at it day and night editing, moving stuff around, etc. and the perfectionist in me took over and needless to say I didn't eat or sleep for 3 days! The darn program wasn't doing what it was supposed to do, the photos weren't transitioning with the music, and I was going crazy! It was right down to the wire with glitches, and finally I called a friends brother who was a computer genius and he walked me through it.
The Gr. 7 Farewell was lovely. Speeches were great, and all in all it was a good evening.
The photo show was good despite one minor glitch with the audio, but everyone liked it, and my job was done!
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment