Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Recap of the last few weeks.............

It's been quiet around here lately......sorry I've been MIA, I had the stomach flu last week, and it knocked me flat for a few days, and the lingering vertigo I had finally is starting to go away.

The boys are settled nicely into school, with three of them already having colds, and a letter came home on Friday that someone in Jacob's class has head lice! Uuugggghhhh!

Hockey season is in full swing already with only Michael making a Rep team this fall, so that means only one of the boys has a early practice during the week.(yay)

It's been a nutty few weeks around here with weird stuff going on. I think I told you that the dirt bikes were stolen, right? Well, the police are on the case, but nothing has been found as of yet. We had some lovely teenagers, er complete idiots light a fire behind our retaining wall in the wooded area behind our house. Nothing better to do on a Friday night! My kids were on the trampoline in the backyard when all of a sudden the two little ones came in crying.....I figured someone had gotten their head bonked when they were jumping, so asked them what was wrong....Jacob said that there was a fire in the back, so I took a look and sure enough, there was a fire burning 100 ft. from our retaining wall! I called 911 and they sent the fire dept. It took them 40 mins to put it out.........with shovels and OUR garden hose! The teens didn't disperse either...they're not scared of anyone with authority it seems. The firefighters told them to get the heck out of there after they reprimanded them and asked them if they were stupid to have lit a fire in the treed area. There were approx. 20-25 teens up there having a great ole time....and you know what some parents down the street had to say? " Well, they're just kids they need to go somewhere to have fun." WTH? So, let them light a fire in YOUR backyard! No respect I tell you. It makes me really angry that society today tolerates this crap. They're your KIDS, not your FRIENDS....parent them!

Christopher got a letter sent home from the principal the other day. Usually that's not a good thing, but in this case it was great news. Apparently a fight broke out at school at lunchtime and Christopher saw this and tried repeatedly to break it up. They weren't listening, so he went to get a supervisor. The letter was commending him on following the rules and for being brave when fists were flying. (Aww way to go Christopher, you are listening to us!)

Ok, better get going. I have three hockey bags to get organized for after school today.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the teenagers. I've been having the "teenager" talk with Josh lately - the don't when going out - no drinking, no driving, no you-know-what, no drugs, etc. Told him if he got in trouble with the law, it would be bad, but it'll be worst when I get a hold of him!

BTW, did you add Rich Mullins to your playlist on your blog? He came up when I came to read, and I was wondering? Did you know, I knew him? He wasn't a close personal friend, but an acquaintance from back in the late 70's - early 80's. Anyway, I was just curious. I hadn't noticed he was on there before. Have a great day!